See how it works!
Credit to Joe Hren of indianapublicmedia.com
- Commodity beef and pork products yield food and fiber as it produces manure for the digester.
- In the digester, manure and other organic by-products from industrial companies are "cooked" to produce methane gas and other solid materials.
- The generators use the methane gas to produce electricity that goes on the grid.
- Liquid organic fertilizer from the digester gets applied to farm fields, replenishing the micronutrients that are not available in commercial NPK Fertilizer.
- Water from the digester can provide irrigation for plants.
- Some of the solids from the digester become bedding for cattle.
- Other solids from the digester become potting soil for retail gardening outlets.